26 Apr “Thank you, for your love, care, and concern.”
It gives me great pleasure to share with you a touching note from a guest at our shelter.
“I am eternally grateful for these optimal health precautions and a chance at rest and relaxation. It has been extremely positive and stabilizing, giving me deep healing opportunities for my mind, body, and soul.”
In these difficult times, the resilience and the positive attitude of the women is all the more reason for celebration. Every day they face adversity with strength and determination. And it is you, our community, who give them the much-needed hope and courage, and the resources to remain healthy and strong.
Thank you for giving them a safe and secure haven during this unforeseen and widespread health crisis.
Because of You…
More than a hundred women are safe and sheltered.
Social distancing is possible to maintain health.
Nutritious, warm, and satisfying meals have been provided by local restaurants.
Lives are improving with time to reflect and plan for the future.
“I want to say a big ‘Thank you!’ to The Sophia Way and to their donors for their kindness and support. Having my own room at the Red Lion has given me the space and privacy to focus and concentrate on finding housing and stability!” — Ashley, 42 years
The Continuing Need
For more than a month, The Sophia Way has provided shelter and resources 24/7, served well over a hundred women every day, increased the number of staff to provide proper support, sourced meals from local restaurants, and continued to offer case management and emotional support at an additional cost of more than $20,000 each week.
To continue to provide all these services at these levels, we still need to raise more than $200K above and beyond our budgeted revenue. Your continued support will ensure that the women experiencing homelessness on the Eastside are cared for and protected.
Your Support Makes a BIG Difference
- $12 ensures that each woman has access to personal hygiene products for a week
- $35 provides for laundry services for five women each week
- $120 protects the women, and frontline staff, with additional cleaning supplies
- $250 provides breakfast to nourish more than a hundred women
- $700 funds the additional hours to run 24/7 through this health crisis
Four easy ways to maximize the impact of your gift!
- Request that your employer match your donation – many employers are offering additional support during the crisis.
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) provides individuals with a $300 “above-the-line deduction” for donations to charitable organizations available regardless of if the taxpayer itemizes their deductions. Read more for information about the Act.
- Make your GiveBIG pledge. All gifts up to $16,500 will be matched dollar-for-dollar, thanks to generous donors.
- Consider a making a monthly recurring contribution. It’s simple!
Schedule Your GiveBIG Gift Now!
Make a Recurring Gift
Donate Shelter Needs