At The Sophia Way, we are committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensuring the security of your personal information. This policy outlines the types of data we collect, how we use it, and the measures we take to protect your information. By visiting our website, you consent to the practices described in this policy.
- We primarily collect information that assists us in fulfilling our mission of being a place of hope and change for women experiencing homelessness. We only gather personal data that you knowingly provide.
- We do not collect personal information from users who browse our site anonymously. Your activities on our website remain anonymous. We do, however, collect aggregate usage data, such as page visit counts, for internal and marketing purposes. This data does not identify you personally.
- When you choose to donate, register for events, subscribe to our newsletter, or volunteer through our website, we may request certain information. Providing this information is voluntary and is used to enhance your engagement with The Sophia Way. Typically, we ask for your name, title, address, phone number, and email address. For donation purposes, credit card information might also be requested.
- We highly value our donors and respect their privacy. Your name and mailing information will never be sold when you make a donation to The Sophia Way.
- To ensure the security of your financial data, The Sophia Way employs secure transaction methods (SSL) when collecting credit card information online. We do not share the credit card account details provided by our donors, except with the online payment processor to securely process the transaction.
- Our website may contain links to external servers or social media platforms that provide additional information of interest. We do not have control over the content or accuracy of information on these external platforms, and are not responsible for their practices or policies.
Text Messages (SMS/MMS)
We are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who use our text messaging services. This section outlines our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information through our text messages service.
- When opted-in by supplying your mobile number through our website, you will receive text messages (SMS/MMS) to your mobile number. These messages may include updates, upcoming events, or requests to donate.
- You can opt-out of this service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the phone number. After you text “STOP” to us, we may send you an SMS reply to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time or text “START” or “JOIN” and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing any issues, you can get help directly from us by contacting us. https://sophiaway.org/contact-us/
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. Message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. You should expect to receive 1-2 messages per month from us.
- If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, please contact your wireless provider.
Thank you for supporting The Sophia Way and the women we serve.